Friday, September 26, 2008

More Pictures - Thursday in Bangalore

Students during a lunch break at the IAA. Note that they have taken off their jackets during lunch hour. Usually students where jackets that a color matched to their program of study.
Students listening to our presentations. If students are found to have a cell phone on them during class time (@ 9-4) it is taken away for the rest of the semester and they have to pay a fine.
We were headed back to the hotel at teh end of a school say and saw many students from different schools heading home. The uniforms vary.
Students are also picked up by family members!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Pam,

I am enjoying your photographs of your trip to Asia.

I especially love the photographs of the people and students -- I had a book when I was young, called "The World of Man," with photographs of people from all over the world.

I still retain the wonder of being able to capture the lives of people from so many places.

I am posting under the photographs of the students and family members on bicycles as, interestingly, I had visited a link, through your course, to a program which enables Americans to donate bicycles that we no longer use to developing nations so that children can attend school and people can reach the areas that provided needed goods and services. Bicycles, in many of these nations, are the primary mode of transportation.

Since visiting that Web site, I have been struggling with whether to send the bicycle that I have now.

It is two years old, but 'new,' in the sense that I have only taken it out for a ride once; I keep thinking that I will use it, but I've thought that for two years now, and your photographs may be the impetus I need to let go of something material that would likely benefit someone else more than myself.

I thank you for this,
Michelle