Friday, September 26, 2008

Friday - Bangalore

Today was another great day in Bangalore. It is hard to believe this was our last day. My next post will probably be from the USA. Our plane leaves Bangalore at 6:15 pm tomorrow and arrives in Asheville on @ noon on Sunday. However, we gain 9.5 hours so our travel time will be 28 hours +++. The journey is Bangalore – Mumbai (Bombay) – Newark – Asheville. So if you see me Monday excuse my tiredness.
Today we had meetings at IAA followed by their Fresher’s Day Celebration. This is held close to the beginning of the semester and greets new students as well as providing entertainment. Russ, Pete and I were included in the ceremonies including lighting the lantern at the opening of the ceremony and presenting gifts to students.
The program lasted about 3 hours and included skits, welcome talks, awarding of certificates, dances, and the selection of Mr. and Ms. Fresher 2008 (Fresher is the equivalent of our term for Freshman).
The day included a lot of dancing, humor and talks. I have included some pictures. I also received flowers – now I have about 4 dozen flowers in my office. I LOVE it.
After the ceremony we had lunch. Then Russ headed for the airport and Pete and I went back to the hotel. We went out and about a bit tonight. Tomorrow we are meeting with Dr. Raja in the morning and he will take us to the airport to begin our trip home.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

It must be weird to leave a place one day, and then show up in another place on a different day without twenty four hours actually passing by!

Candace Gardner
CIS 110
Jean Finley's class

rsutherland said...

What a fantastic experience! I think traveling is one of the best ways to grow as an individual, both personally and professionally. Hope you had a great trip!

Rachel Sutherland
CIS 110
JFinley's class

Britmarie04 said...

It sounds like you had an amazing experience! I enjoyed reading your blog and looking at your pictures!

Brittany Byrd
CIS 110
Jean Finley's class

AMorris said...

Pamela,
Welcome back. I enjoyed your pictures. Looks like fun.

Angela Morris
CIS 110
J. Finley's class

pmathis0721 said...

I'm sure you are very tired. But the pictures you have posted are great.

castro-vergara said...

It seem that you had so much fun and it looks and sounds interesting!
Irma Jessica Castro-vergara
CIS 110
Jean Finley's class

Anonymous said...

Your trip looked absolutly fantastic! You must have learned so much, im so jealous! Glad to have you back in the states

Charlotte Reckinger
CIS 110
JFinleys Class

MsLesha said...

I like reading about your trip. It is nice to the point I can close my eyes and be there too. I wanted to tell you I am glad you had us do this for class I like the whole blog thing.

Anonymous said...

Hey Pamela,

Your trip seemed to be a very rewarding experience. I dream of traveling around the world when I get older. I really want to experience different cultures and visit all the historical spots! I enjoyed your pictures. They were beautiful. Maybe one day I'll be able to experience what you did!

Lori Odum
EdTech

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous, but happy for you. How lucky are we as Americans to have the freedom to travel the world. I am so clostophobic I cannot get in a plane. I did take a cruise this summer and it was a great experience. Keep traveling and experiencing life as long as you can.
Stephanie Nixon
Educational Technology Class

Anonymous said...

What an amazing blessing it must be to be able to have the opportunity to travel around the world!! We are also extremely bless to be able to be able to share in your experience through your blog and pictures. I am enjoying your class and have enjoyed reading your blog and looking at your pictures.

Misty Stevenson.

Anonymous said...

I think that it is an amazing blessing that you had this opportunity to travel!! And we are blessed to be able to experience through your eyes. Its rewarding to read what you have wrote and to look at your pictures.

Misty Stevenson
EdTech Class