Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Wednesday night - March 12

Wow, it was exciting to have comments on my blog. I loved reading them. Bangalore is a strange mix of American and Indian Culture. There are many of the food chains we have in the US - mostly fast food like McDonalds, Pizza Hut, Dominos, etc. However, there are also street vendors selling food and the traditional Indian restaurants. Our hotel serves a buffet every morning and we were going to take a picture so we had the names of the food. Many of the foods have curry or tandoor in them.

Today was another great day. This morning the Indo Asia Academy had their students give a Cultural Festival that included dances and costumes from different regions of India. Our group were given leis made out of sandelwood - I am trying to figure out how to get mine home safely.

This afternoon we visited Oracle - another great visit. And at the end of the visit we had "high tea" which sounds very English to me.

I am very tired and heading for bed - but plan on posting some pictures in the morning. We don't have to leave the hotel until 10:30 - as opposed to the usual 8:20 starting time.

1 comment:

Kim said...

You know me...I am jealous of all the new foods you get to try. I hope you bring back recipes for the best ones! The pictures are great and the clothes are so colorful! You looked very important standing in front of the microphone! But, gee...I get to go to South Dakota this weekend. I think you will be warmer on your trip than I will be on mine.