Monday, March 10, 2008

Monday, March 10

It is hard to believe that this is almost the end of our 3rd day in India. The traffic continues to amaze me. It is truly like a giant puzzle.

This morning we visited IBM - no pictures allowed. There were some great talks. Some ideas I will definitely be bringing back for curriculum development. One tradition I could get accustomed to really fast is "tea or coffee." During our meeting this morning a gentleman came in with coffee cups and saucers and two pots - nicely asked "tea or coffee" and served us during the presentation. Professor Daisy said every afternoon after classes the faculty have tea also. IBM provided lunch - it was personal pan pizzas from Pizza Hut.

This afternoon we visited the Indo Asia Academy - we had a presentation on the history of India. They are providing a CD of the presentation which is good because 1 1/2 hours of information was too much to absorb. I knew I was going to make a short presentation tomorrow. I found out today more people are going to be at it - and part of my presentation doesn't work on the machine I am using. So it might be a short presentation.

I am not sure what I am doing this evening - dinner and/or shopping are mentioned. Shopping is too tempting - great items at great prices

I will try to upload some pictures soon. I have taken alot.

4 comments:

Pete Kennedy said...

Hey Pam,

We are in class reading about your travels in India. Sounds like you are having a good time. Watch out for all the traffic. Mike wants to know if you prefer tea or coffee. They all are wondering what kind of gifts you'll be bringing back.

Have fun and be careful! Watch out for the cows.

JFinley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JFinley said...

Wow---what an education just being in India. I'm good jealous that you have the opportunity to travel abroad and experience so many neat things.

Captain's Personal Log said...

Pam,

On your blog you stated that IBM provided lunch from Pizza Hut. Are there any other food places that India has to eat at that we also have in the United States?

Thomas Rickman