Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Visit to Oracle

On Wednesday we visited Oracle. It is very interesting to listen to the IT ideas from different companies. Where else could I visit Infosys, IBM, Oracle and Perot Systems (on Thursday) all within miles of each other. All of the facilities are very strict about no pictures inside. However, Oracle has a rooftop garden and let us take pictures of the city skyline.

I hadn't realized the Romania was also becoming an IT hotspot. And the concept of "follow the sun" was new to me. This means that companies want to have a support site in North/South America, Europe and Asia. This means that personnel can work day hours but someone is always working 24/7 for customer support.

Oracle also showed us wonderful hospitality - after the presentations and tour we had high tea which consisted of a mint type tea and corn sandwiches. Yes, it was 2 pieces of bread and kernals of corn and some very delicious spice/seasoning. I loved it, although some in the group were not as impressed. As many of you know I say if someone is willing to feed me I will eat anything - maybe I am proving it on this trip.

1 comment:

Mirage2006 said...

Pam,
Great Pictures! Thank you for posting. When are you visiting the Taj Mahal? How is the food? You mentioned Pizza Hutt, but are there any other American Food Restaurants? Is there any special items that are substituted in for hamburger toppings or do they serve the same things as the U.S. Pizza Hutts? Have fun and we shall see you next week!
Mike Buckner